“I have run 2 Circles with my class since our training session. Let’s just say wow! There has already been a subtle change in how the students speak with each other. The first two circles were about ‘identifying strengths’ and ‘consideration’. I overheard a child speaking with another child in my class. She said “I don’t think you are being very considerate. You can be kinder”. At this point a massive smile grew on my face.” Circle teacher
“The training was so well and widely received by everyone involved (even those who had hesitations prior) and I’m still smiling about it. … Circle Solutions have given me such a powerful platform from which to lead, encourage and nurture positive change at the student, teacher and whole-school level. Despite the constant changes in the world of education, Circle Solutions has been the one solid and reliable practice throughout my entire career that has brought me joy, strength and so strongly supports my passion for working with young people.” Natasha Bryceson, Circle Trainer
Introduction to Circle Solutions for Student Wellbeing
London, SE13: 31st January 2020: £100: download a brochure
Xi’an, China: week beginning 28th October 2020
The cost is discounted when you book for the Trainer course on the following days, if available (see below).
If you have ten or more people interested in this course, we can arrange one for you – email email@example.com
Circle Solutions is not just a program: it is a pedagogy to develop social/emotional skills and a positive class ethos
- Circle Solutions builds resilience and mental health
- Circle Solutions enables all voices to be heard so maximises inclusion and participation
- Circle Solutions promotes empathy, reduces bullying and fosters belonging
- Circle Solutions focuses on both the reflective and the fun in learning.
This full day workshop (9.30am – 4pm) will equip participants with all they need to begin and sustain Circles successfully with a class or youth group. We will:
- introduce the philosophy and principles underpinning Circles
- give participants the opportunity to experience a range of Circle activities and learn how to run a Circle Solutions session
- outline recent research on maximising the effectiveness of Circle Solutions
- report on what teachers and students say about the differences it makes
- give opportunities to ask questions and explore issues
- provide information on resources
“Inspiring both in terms of ideas and as a philosophy of learning and living”
“This has provided practical ideas that I feel confident about introducing to my class”
“Practical solutions to serious problems and things I can do immediately”
“I found every practical element and every circle activity fun and educational”
Circle Solutions Train the Trainer
This two-day program is available to anyone who has taken an Introduction to Circle Solutions **. It will enable participants to introduce, support and sustain Circle Solutions in schools, including facilitating staff training. We can arrange an Introduction course on the day before the Trainer course for those who want to combine both.
Xi’an, China: week beginning 28th October 2020
You must also register on an Introduction to Circle Solutions course if you haven’t previously attended that course.
If you have four or more people interested in this course, we can arrange one for you – email firstname.lastname@example.org
Some quotes from the post-course Evaluation forms:
“I am able to return to school and train staff not only in how to run a CS session, but also have the conversation with them as to why we need to do it.”
“Best PD I’ve ever attended. Welcoming, extremely informative and practical.Something I can use right away and am excited about!”
“It has opened my eyes to a new framework for my social and emotional teachings in my classroom. It is clear to me that my children’s voices are not being heard + this gives me a vehicle to do this.”
“The materials are a complete package that gives me just enough to pull off presenting the intro day but not too much so to overwhelm / confuse.”
The program will cover:
- A whole school approach to developing positive relationships, resilience and connectedness
- Being an agent of school change
- The rationale for Circle Solutions and the value to schools
- Recent research on what makes Circle Solutions effective
- Planning and running a staff training day
- Liaison with parents
- Dealing with challenges from staff and students
- Supporting the sustainability of Circle Solutions
Each participant will receive:
- Copy of PowerPoint (copyrighted) for training school staff
- Supporting articles and materials
- Certificate indicating the participant is an accredited Circle Solutions trainer.
- Email support from Sue Roffey and Growing Great Schools Worldwide
- a copy of Circle Solutions for Student Wellbeing 3rd Edition.
Please note that the course is designed for trainers to train within their own school and to embed Circle Solutions as a tool for wellbeing. Any further schools that are trained by accredited trainers must register as a CS school for a small fee. Trainers are asked to sign a copyright license that includes these conditions
There is minimum of four participants for the course to run and a maximum of ten.
** Prerequisite Introductory 1 day Training undertaken with an accredited Circle Solutions Trainer (ie someone who has completed this Trainer course)
There is a list of accredited Trainers on this site.
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
The Introduction to Circle Solutions training day addresses the following Australian Professional Standards for Teachers:
3.5.2: Use effective verbal and non-verbal communication strategies to support student understanding, participation, engagement and achievement.
4.1.2: Establish and implement inclusive and positive interactions to engage and support all students in classroom activities.
4.2.2/3: Model and share with colleagues a flexible repertoire of strategies for classroom management to ensure all students are engaged in purposeful activities.
4.3.2: Manage challenging behaviour by establishing and negotiating clear expectations with students and address discipline issues promptly, fairly and respectfully.
6.2.2: Participate in learning to update knowledge and practice, targeted to professional needs and school and/or system priorities.
The Circle Solutions Train the Trainer two-day course additionally covers:
3.3.2: Select and use relevant teaching strategies to develop knowledge, skills, problem-solving and critical and creative thinking.
3.4.2: Select and/or create and use a range of resources, including ICT, to engage students in their learning.
6.3.2: Contribute to collegial discussions and apply constructive feedback from colleagues to improve professional knowledge and practice.