What does the research say?
What is wellbeing and how does it differ from welfare or pastoral care?
What do our children need to flourish in life and be resilient in the face of adversity?
How does a wellbeing focus make a school great? The impact on mental health, pro-social behaviour, student engagement and academic outcomes
What are the values that underpin whole school wellbeing?
Pathways to student wellbeing
What are your ‘stickiness factors’ – how you get others on board, including parents?
Your first steps, building a team and how you sustain positive development
An emotional climate for learning – promoting the positive
What are the risk and protective factors for young people and what can schools do to promote positive mental health for all?
How you show belief in young people: the magic of the micro-moments
Some things to read on this site and elsewhere:
- Wellbeing as Core School Business – What it is and Why it Matters
- What Makes a Great School? Deconstructing the school-quality rankings that parents rely on — and finding a way to measure what matters – Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Building a case for whole-child, whole-school wellbeing in challenging contexts, from Educational and Child Psychology 33 (2)
- The Changing Context for Mental Health and Wellbeing in Schools, from Educational and Child Psychology 33 (2)
- Becoming an agent of change for school and student wellbeing, from Educational and Child Psychology 32 (1)
- A whole-school approach to wellbeing
- Wellbeing Facilitators: Wellbeing Inhibitors
- Smiles, Schools and Social Capital