Alicia Curtis writes: “This year I wanted to create an exciting project that highlighted what makes a truly fulfilling life. And that’s when the Fulfilling Lives Online Summit was born! ”
“I’ve always had a deep passion for and connection to giving back to my community. It started by volunteering for my local environment club when I was 10 years old and over the last 20 years I’ve never stopped volunteering. This disposition in life has served me very well in leading a highly fulfilling life.
My community involvement lead me to starting a speaking/training business to share with other young people the difference you could create in your local community. I’ve now been in business for 12 years! This year I wanted to create an exciting project that highlighted what makes a truly fulfilling life. And that’s when the Fulfilling Lives Online Summit was born!
I started to research key thought leaders in Australia who were at the forefront of personal fulfilment, positive psychology and community. I wanted to share the Summit online to make it accessible to everyone. I was lucky enough to get a stellar list of Australia’s leading thinkers to contribute to the Summit through interviews and panel sessions. Personally I haven’t seen something like this in Australia before!
It’s been a humbling experience to talk to such experts in their fields about a topic I’m so passionate aboutIn a couple of weeks time, the Summit goes live online and it’s free for everyone to attend.
As a sneak peek, here are 8 themes that emerged from the Summit interviews about how we can all live a truly fulfilling life:
- Gratitude – developing our sense of wonder, thankfulness and appreciation of life.
- Giving back – find a way to contribute to the greater good.
- Kindness and consideration – practice daily acts to make kindness and consideration a way of being.
- Mindfulness – the essential skills to connect with who you are and allow you to think clearly about the world around you.
- Balancing ambitions – balance the extrinsic motivations with the intrinsic motivations.
- Meaningful projects givens life meaning.
- Fostering strong relationships – put family and friends first.
- Move your body – we are meant to move.
Want to know more? Well, you’ll just have to listen to the interviews – hope you can join us! Please share it with your friends and networks.
Fulfilling Lives Online Summit
6 – 10 May – free to attend live (there’s an option to purchase all recordings if you can’t make it too)
Free registrations at http://revolutionarylives.com/summit/