Useful resources we have seen:
- This TED talk is by Clare Erasmus and her daughter Rosie, talking about ways to strengthen family relationships: youtube.com/watch?v=c5tuaUFyQrE
- How parents can help teenagers navigate romantic relationships: parentinfo.org/article/supporting-teenagers-through-relationships
- Australian resource for parents of anxious young children.
Cool Little Kids: coollittlekids.org.au
- KidsMatter: How to foster resilience in everyday life: kidsmatter.edu.au/families/enewsletter/how-foster-resilience-everyday-life
- The Sleep Help Institute: a site devoted to spreading awareness of sleep health and wellness. Guides to help parents understand their kids’ sleep needs, available here:
Healthy Sleep for New and Expecting Parents, Children’s Sleep Guide, How To Manage Screen Time and Bedtime
Some relevant articles on this site:
- Growing great kids: what it means to be a ‘great kid’, why this is important and what children need from home, school and the community to be the best they can be and feel comfortable with who they are.
- What about ME? – a warning for parents: parents who really love their children will want them to have warm and supportive partnerships in the future – real love is a two-way street: the sooner our children learn this the happier their lives will be.
- Reasons not to travel on the pathway to perfection: in education and in families we need to be helping our children discover their strengths and unique qualities, to value and develop these and decide for themselves who they want to be, how they want to live their lives and what goals matter to them – for our children to stay motivated to learn, change and grow they need to know we are all in the fascinating process of becoming – and none of us are there yet.