The emotionally literate school leader – what does this mean in practice?
Defining the vision
Communications – what do you say, how do you say it, who do you engage in conversation?
The wellbeing of school leaders, including balancing demands
Issues of courage, compassion and collaboration.
Appropriate assertiveness and dealing with the difficult.
Some things to read on this site:
- Transformation and emotional literacy: The role of school leaders in developing a caring community, from Leading and Managing, 13 (1) 16 – 30
- Becoming an agent of change for school and student wellbeing, from Educational and Child Psychology, 32 (1)
- Emotional literacy and the ecology of school wellbeing, from Educational and Child Psychology, 25 (2) 29-39
- Why Wellbeing? The foundation for effective education
- Empowering school leadership through pro-active strategies from Education Today, Term 4 2017 (Australia)